1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RPC Server Is Unavailable - Solved 2

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vidmeister, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vidmeister

vidmeister Thread Starter

I had a problem with my XP system suddenly seeing my external firewire drive as letter H, when I needed it to be 'G'... This is a job for ComputerManagement--/ Disc Management.. After failing and reading up, I discovered you must:
    make sure:
    --you have your TCP port enabled in Windows Firewall.. A whole other subject....
    --Make sure you have the correct Windows Service enabled and STARTED, such as RPC (Remote Procedure Call)
    --enable the DCOM tunneling, (go to Start and then Run. Write DCOMCNFG and then click on the Component Services. From the component services, go to My Computer and choose Properties. After this, turn to Default Properties tab and then Enable DCOM.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!