1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RPC server is unavailable. Yes, I did a search.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Voxxius, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Voxxius

Voxxius Thread Starter

I get this error trying to install my newest Video Drivers

[​IMG]

And another when trying to click on a picture link

[​IMG]

I've gotten a couple others here and there, usually when trying to install something.

I made sure I have the RPC set to Automatic and it is started, I even tried restarting it.

[​IMG]

I don't think I have any spyware running or anything, I've ran Spybot and Adaware.

[​IMG]

I looked at this http://windows.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/windows-xp-pro-l/rpc-enable-640192#

but when I checked my registry everything seemed to be in order, I think. I'm not real sure, but I don't want to go down that road and royally mess everything up.

Anyways, I also tried to
    Start | Run
    type in net start rpcss
    click OK

I got the cmd box to popup, but nothing was fixed. Every road I've went down has came to a dead end. I could easily do a reformat, but then I'd have to transfer a good 70g of files to my other computer, which would be a royal pain that I'd love to avoid.

Any ideas that I may have missed would be helpful. Cheers.

Edit - My DxDiag just in case it might help.
    http://dodownload.filefront.com/849...2e9d5e24902e7f170c0647367889d42be6f5d9e12bde8

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Welcome to TSG ...

Start > Run > cmd > sc query rpcss > Hit Enter >

In the Second Line .. 'State' -- is it 'Running'

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Start > Run > regsvr32 rpcss.dll

Then,

Start > Run > services.msc >> Try to Start RPC

3. Voxxius

Voxxius Thread Starter

It is Running.

When I try Start > Run > regsvr32 rpcss.dll I get this error.
    [​IMG]

When I go to services to start up RPC it is already started, so I restarted it, no luck.

Seems like I may just have to bite the bullet with this one and reformat. I wish I knew what happened so I could prevent it in the future though.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. jslong17

jslong17

The RPC error is a very blanketed error response, used for many different things, generally though you are probably having a problem accessing the source of the driver files, I am assuming of course that the drivers are on a share in a remote PC or server.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/620709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice