1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RPCRT4.dll Problem...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ExecChef, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExecChef

ExecChef Thread Starter

I am presently using an older Dell Inspiron 2500 (P3 / Windows XP) for my work. Earlier today upon booting the system up, it went through its standard start up and then stopped with a blue screen stating that the RPCRT4.dll was missing and then proceeded to go through a perpetual start up and shut down process. I have tried the 'F8' function to go into 'Safe Mode'; however, none of these options are working for me. Perhaps someone can suggest a MS-DOS method of backdoorig this thing that I am not as familiar with.

Would love to hear your suggestions so that all my work is not in encased in a new paperweight.

Thanks

2. yeppers

yeppers

Hi ExecChef. Were you able to fix your problem? I am having perhaps a similar problem with a dell notebook inspiron 600m running windows XP pro. Upon startup, I get the blue screen of death stating... stop: c0000135 {unable to locate component} This application has failed to start because RPCRT4.dll was not found. Re-installing the
    application may fix this problem.

Performing google searches, the closest error that I find involves "winsrv", instead of RPCRT4.dll.

I am considering downloading a new RPCRT4.dll file (or copying the file from another XP machine), booting into dos prompt, copying file RPCRT4.dll into location c:\windows\system32

By the way, I have run the Dell hardware diagnostic cd in express mode and found no errors. Also, I am unable to boot in safe mode (same error). Naturally, the data on the notebook is not backed up, so no option of clean installing the OS. Can I perform a overlay install of the OS using the dell installation cd without losing the data?

What would you do?
    Anyone else out there that has experience solving this problem?
    Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice