Rremote access to files on home pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Goofyhoober

Hi, I have a packard Bell home PC( no laughing!) running Windows XP on which I have stored most of my music collection. Is there any way I can remotely access this music folder when I am away on the road, simply using my work laptop( running Vista) and an internet connection? My home PC will not always be online so the folder would need to be accessible "offline" or remotley stored??? :eek:

TerryNet

Terry
If it is XP Pro you could use Remote Desktop. Or, UltraVNC is a popular solution for what you want to do.

Both of these, of course, require a network connection between the host and client.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts