RTCW: My Cheats don't work...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dunescatan

I've been playing this for a few months now, and the blasted thing is beating me. I recent got a cheat for altering the desktop short cut's path so that it activates the cheat options in the console, but when I put this in it either tells me that the path is invalid or it just plain doesn't work. Anybody got any ideas on this?

anlore2001

Andrew
usally, the "cheat" is built into a physical game, not in how the path is loaded. The path goes to a specific file... the EXE file that runs the application. I would suggest to make sure you are typing everything correctly for example / instead of \.

One word of caution. Take a quick look at the rules of this board, It is generally frowned upon discussing "hacking or cracking" of programs (which is ILLEGAL) which is actually what this "cheat code" may be trying to do... Just a friendly word of caution.

what are you typing into the shortcut? please print the full shortcut exactly as it looks when you're done.

V***V

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online