1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RTCW: My Cheats don't work...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dunescatan, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dunescatan

Dunescatan Thread Starter

I've been playing this for a few months now, and the blasted thing is beating me. I recent got a cheat for altering the desktop short cut's path so that it activates the cheat options in the console, but when I put this in it either tells me that the path is invalid or it just plain doesn't work. Anybody got any ideas on this?

2. anlore2001

anlore2001

First Name:
    Andrew
    usally, the "cheat" is built into a physical game, not in how the path is loaded. The path goes to a specific file... the EXE file that runs the application. I would suggest to make sure you are typing everything correctly for example / instead of \.

One word of caution. Take a quick look at the rules of this board, It is generally frowned upon discussing "hacking or cracking" of programs (which is ILLEGAL) which is actually what this "cheat code" may be trying to do... Just a friendly word of caution.

3. rivincarn

rivincarn

Hi

Could you post the instructions and being more specific

4. vesselle

vesselle

what are you typing into the shortcut? please print the full shortcut exactly as it looks when you're done.

V***V

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice