Rubberbanding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BackRow

Hi,

I'm rubberbanding in all games, sometimes I will have a packet loss spike in cs go of upto 50%.
I have run the cmd for packet loss test and found over about 2 hours I lost 3 packets.
I'm using the Uni eternet connection which has exremly fast download and upload speed, however this means I am unable to change anything or restart the router.

Is their anything I can do?

Oddba11

Jim
Gaming, and connection speed in general, is not about "extremely fast download and upload speed". It's about latency, or the amount of time it takes a packet to travel from your PC > to a server > and return to your PC. Latency is typically tested with a simple ping. In most cases, latency is in your ISP's network, or outside their network enroute to the server, and in both cases there isn't anything that you can do. In some instances, the latency is actually caused within your LAN by other users or traffic and can be fixed using QOS on the router.

Run a ping to the game server, that will show your latency.
Trace route to the game server, and you can see where the latency is occurring.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online