1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rugrats Munchin Land Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by regularponyfan09, May 23, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. regularponyfan09

regularponyfan09 Thread Starter

So I’ve been trying to replay a game from my childhood called Rugrats: Munchin Land but I’m having a problem. Every time I open the game, it crashes once I get to the sign in screen. At first I thought it was a problem with my disk so I ordered another one. I installed it and the same thing happened. So I tried looking for answers online (turns out I’m not the only one who has this issue) but it didn’t really get me anywhere. Then I changed the compatibility but that didn’t work either. I am really desperate to get this game to work. Somebody help!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  3. regularponyfan09

It just says Munchinland.exe has encountered a problem and then it checks for a solution. Then it says a solution can’t be found and the game closes. Also I went into the game’s properties and set it to Windows 98 and it still didn’t work.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Try uninstalling and running the Setup.exe file under Windows 98 compatibility.

5. regularponyfan09

Wow! I just got that same idea! Will let you know if it works.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you running 64bit Windows?

7. regularponyfan09

I have no idea. Is there a way to tell?

8. regularponyfan09

Ok so I still have not had any luck getting the game to run properly. I tried installing under Windows 98 a few times but it never finished installing and it got stuck on 48% every time. So I tried running the installation under Windows 2000. That time the installation finished but it still crashed the game. Going to try with Windows 95 now.

9. regularponyfan09

Nope. That one didn’t install either.

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The game was released in December 2002. The OS requirements are:
    Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

I suspect you can only play it on an old computer and not in compatibility mode on a newer computer.

11. regularponyfan09

I feel like if that was the case, the game wouldn’t launch at all. But it does and it crashes every time.

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    In the search bar, type system information and press enter. The line System Type will show x86 or x64 based PC. If the latter it may be that the architecture of your computer cannot be supported by the game.

13. regularponyfan09

Yeah I have 64-bit. But wouldn’t that mean the game just wouldn’t install? I’m asking because I have tried older games than this and when I tried installing them, a message popped up and said the system wasn’t compatible to run them. So why is the same not happening here?

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    More than likely because of the architecture of Windows (32-bit vs. 64bit) and how it handles memory, etc.

If you are able to get a valid windows 98SE/2000 license then perhaps something like VMWare or VirtualBox would be a better option, but then I don't know how the video will handle a 'virtual mode'.

15. regularponyfan09

Ok I’ve got an update. I downloaded VirtualBox and am using this tutorial on how to install Windows 98:
    The problem now is that I don’t know how to find the ISO image. The guy in the video shows where his is but my computer doesn’t have a file labeled Operating Systems. I have downloaded all of the links and I still can’t find the exact file he has.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice