Ruin a monitor or tv with a magnet?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ohheck

So my niece comes and get me and shows me this neat trick she dicovered.
"Lookie! Rainbows!!"
as she drags a magnet in front of my monitor...... :eek:
i tried on/off, degauss 10 times - nothing but green/blue rainbows all over my screen--

THIS WORKS! http://www.woil.ws/fixmonitor/
My screen is back ! :D

Good info. Thanx for posting a link. Who'd a thought?

You did tell your niece not to do this again right?:)

Good Evening Gentlemen, that is amazing stuff, certainly worth remembering!
With my luck one of the magnets would let go and shoot across the room!
I wonder where that chap picked that idea up?
I was trying to see what the polar orientation might have been, certainly shows the ingenious inventive mind of the fellow, even to the spade bit without any modification or damage. The range of the device is better than a degaussing wand.
Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas, (ours is now past, everyone is recuperating from the days activities.) Cheers from Brisbane Australia. (Been a really hot day, 36 degsC, with wild electrical storm right at the end, temp dropped to 26 degsC, loverly!)

ohheck said:
So my niece comes and get me and shows me this neat trick she dicovered.
"Lookie! Rainbows!!"
LOL, Knowing me I would have looked at the kid and said, "Lookie! Stars!!!" Whap!!! :p

Good info. I watched the movie. Interesting. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online