1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Run a Query(linked to MS Access) on MS Excel when required

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ESoftware, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESoftware

ESoftware Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I am new to this kind of stuff, i have very basic knowledge so any help would be appreciated.

Basically what i am trying to do is the following:

I have a database on MS Access, every so often i will update a status to each of the employee. Now what I want to do is run a Excel VBA query that will only run when requested in Excel.

So I want the Excel database to only take the employee with the status name "Active" and i only want this to be done when i click a button preferably labeled "Update".

Now one thing i need to be careful about is that there are 2 similar worksheet in excel, but i only want to update the sheet that I click the button on.

Can anyone of you guys help me with this. I am really not sure how to go about this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

MT

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice