run cmd "the parameter is incorrect"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gorman

Hi, I can't use the 'run' command - when I do I get an error that the 'parameter is incorrect'.
I have seen this message in other threads but usually the remedy id to run cmd and start to fix it but I can' even get 'cmd' to start. is my registry screwed? A virus?
I have executed the 'run' command dozens of times from this machine.

puzzled :confused:
What do you mean the 'Run' cmd?
Do you mean that when you type CMD in to the Run box nothing happens?
if not, where are you typing Run as a command?

gorman

Hi Jack, I mean when I type 'cmd' in the run box I get the error " parameter is incorrect". Strange because I have ran it many times in the past... I can however run command.com from the run box, but I did get the error when I tried to run 'regedit'.
Thanks.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Try running "cmd.exe" and "regedit.exe"

If these run ok, your PC is infected (cmd.com and regedit.com and some others)

Post back a HJT log in the malware forum for assistance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online