run command hangs,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomkar

After doing a fdisk and a format, I reinstalled win98. I had many problems with no dial tone, and ie 6.0 upgrade finally got that part working.

Now when I try to use cd drive e my system hangs on the run command, and the my computer icon when launched causes the system to hang.
Could a omega zip drive in the system be a source of this problem? When I put an autorun disk into the cd drive it launches oK. It is the launch from desk top explorer that hangs the system. Sometime it hangs at the start button, most times it hangs on the run command to ok or brouse.

I reinstalled win 98 over every thing and problem is still there.
I installed the microsoft updates for security and internet explorer, no change.

tomkar

tomkar said:
After doing a fdisk and a format, I reinstalled win98. I had many problems with no dial tone, and ie 6.0 upgrade finally got that part working.

Now when I try to use cd drive e my system hangs on the run command, and the my computer icon when launched causes the system to hang.
Could a omega zip drive in the system be a source of this problem? When I put an autorun disk into the cd drive it launches oK. It is the launch from desk top explorer that hangs the system. Sometime it hangs at the start button, most times it hangs on the run command to ok or brouse.

I reinstalled win 98 over every thing and problem is still there.
I installed the microsoft updates for security and internet explorer, no change.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online