1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

run dll 32 error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jwaldrich, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwaldrich

jwaldrich Thread Starter

I have a laptop that keeps giving me a "run dll 32 error" when I try to connect to the internet via an internal modem. This is a new error with no changes in the WIN 95 OS that I am aware of.

I deleted the dial up account and re-installed but the error remains the same. This is the only time I get this error.

OCCASIONALLY it will let me connect to the net but only on an intermittent basis. How can I fix this or must I re-install my operating system? :(

I travel extensively and need my lap top to work!

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi jwaldrich, Does this apply?
    SYMPTOMS
    When you double-click a Dial-Up Networking connection, and then click Dial Properties, you may receive either of the following error messages:

Internal error. Quit and restart the program.

Rundll32 - This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Not enough memory.
    If you then click Details, you may receive any of the following error messages:
    Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.exe at 0003:<memory address>.

Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module Kernel32.dll at 0137:<memory address>.

Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module Tapi.dll at 0014:<memory address>.

CAUSE
    The issue can occur if the Tapiaddr.dll file is missing or damaged.

RESOLUTION

First Two Error Messages Listed Above
    To resolve this issue, replace the Tapiaddr.dll file, and then remove and reinstall Dial-Up Networking. To do so, use the following steps:
    Rename the Tapiaddr.dll file to Tapiaddr.old, and then extract the Tapiaddr.dll file from your original Windows 95 media to the Windows\System folder. For information about how to rename a file, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type "renaming" (without quotation marks), and then double-click the Renaming Files topic. For information about how to extract files, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    Q129605 How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files
    NOTE: The Tapiaddr.dll file is in the Win95_11.cab cabinet file on the Windows 95 CD-ROM, or on disk 11.

Remove Dial-Up Networking, and then reinstall it. For information about how to do so, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    Q181599 How to Remove and Reinstall Dial-Up Networking and TCP/IP
    The kowledge base is:support.microsoft.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice