1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Run DLL Error Loading Message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pooh_bear_sh, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pooh_bear_sh

pooh_bear_sh Thread Starter

:confused:

I am running Windows XP home edition, and whenever I turn my computer on I get a Run DLL message, the message is:

Run DLL Error Loading C:\Progra~1\Newdot~2.Dll- This specific module could not be found.

If anyone knows how to fix this, or what it mean, ur help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx Shannon

2. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan

ok you could remove the entry for that dll from your dll registry by running this at a command line or in start>run

regsvr32 /u newdot~2.dll

I have no idea if this will work, and if your pc needs that dll to run it may never find it again, but more than likely it isn't there and the reference remains from when you removed some software that installed it.

first thing I would do is do a search on your computer to see if you have the .dll if you do not first try copying it from another computer. if you don't have another computer just remove the entry (as shown above) you probably don't need it anyway.

if you do have the dll un register it as shown above and re-register it

by running regsvr32 (insert dll name here)

**** Either way the computer is looking for the file and it ain't there so if you unregister the Dll it will stop looking for it and you won't get the message. BUT your system may need the dll so something else will go wrong eventually. most likely some peice of software will one day ask to be re-installed, not an issue if you have the CD's****

I don't have the dll, my computer has no problems so it must be related to 3rd party software.

3. cybret

cybret

4. pooh_bear_sh

Thanx Crazy Ivan, and cybret, my problem is fixed now :). No more error messages when I turn my computer on.

Thanx Shannon

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan

which solution worked?

6. pooh_bear_sh

Crazy Ivan:
    I tried to use ur solution first, cuz that was the one that was posted at the time. When I typed regsvr32 /u newdot~2.dll into run it didnt find anything, so I couldn't do it that way. When I checked the site later on I used the site cybret posted, and it worked fine, the problem is all gone now. But thenx for the suggestions :).

Shannon

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice