1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

run.dll error on startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by alpharae, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alpharae

alpharae Thread Starter

I am having trouble removing an error i receive on startup. The message reads as follows:
    "Error loading C:\PROGRA~2\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registation_7.4.20.2.sxt The specified module could not be found".

I had a similar problem on my old computer which i sorted easily as i used msconfig to remove useless files on startup. This one however i cannot find on Vista OS and have had no luck searching through regedit. I have also tried programs such as Register Cleaner for Vista and Ad-aware 2007. As far as i know i cannot see what is trying to open this non-existent file relating to Kodak EasyShare which i uninstalled a few days ago. Please help.

2. katabby

katabby

try installing kodak again then uninstall. Sometimes solves the problem. As for registry cleaners, sometimes cause more problems than they fix.

3. alpharae

alpharae Thread Starter

I downloaded the software again from the internet shortly after the problem and checked whether the file now existed again but it didn't, so i uninstalled and the problem remained.

4. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

For others searching for the solution

http://forums.g4tv.com/thread.jspa?threadID=30526&tstart=0

You will find it , of all places in the task scheduler as a job.

Open the task scheduler and look for Easyshare Task

Disable or delete this task
    Start => programs => accessories => system tools => Scheduled tasks
    Right click on the task in question and you can just delete it .
    If unsure which one; right click a task and choose properties and somewhere in there there should be an entry "Task is enabled" which you can uncheck to disable it , or you can alter the schedule to make it once a year and when you restart it does not have the error you know you got the right one and you can delete it.

If you do not see it, go to Control panel => Folder options => View and select
    "View hidden and system files". Many jobs and tasks are hidden by default

5. wware

wware

Just wanted to thank you for the info on the Kodak dll error. Your info worked great!:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice