1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

run the sims, pc crashes

Discussion in 'Games' started by Avsrule2002, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Avsrule2002

Avsrule2002 Thread Starter

a question of the sims:

got a laptop:
    Compaq 996ghz processor, 8mb video card, and everything in the requirements for the sims. i also loaded on vacation, hot date, unleashed, and house party, and when i run the game, it works fine for a while and then the game crashes and my pc shuts off. PLEASE HELPPPP

thanks.

Ps. did u see those awesome saves Patrick Roy made on the red wings' 3-on-1 breakaway on saturday? AND HEJDUK AND FORSBERG GOT BACK 2 BACK HAT TRICKS! AVALANCHE RULE!!!!!

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

The pc shutting off sounds like it could be a thermal/overheating issue. Does it only shut off during the sims, or during anything else? Make sure your CPU fan is working.

The game crashing could be too many apps running in the background. Use alt-ctrl-del to shut down other apps running when playing the game.

3. Avsrule2002

Avsrule2002 Thread Starter

the pc only shuts off in the sims. i don't think it's the fan, as it's pretty new, and other games work. i don't have too much stuff running in the background. any other ideas?

4. buckaroo

buckaroo

I still think there's something more going on for the pc to shut itself off; either power supply or overheating.

However, did you install the games in their proper order...Sims - livin' large - house party - hot date - vacation - unleashed ??
    On the Maxis site, every game crash recommendation is to shut down other running applications, so even if you don't have too many apps running, try shutting down all running apps when playing this game. :cool:

5. Jtoast

Jtoast

what operating system?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice