1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

run time error 429

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by spoiled_brat109, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spoiled_brat109

spoiled_brat109 Thread Starter

:) I know your getting tired of see me here but here I am again.This time it's an error message.
    run time error 429
    Active X component cant create object.
    Got any idea what this is and how to get rid of it?

2. columbo

columbo

Hi,

What application are you using when you receive this error? Does this error occur at startup or shutdown?

:confused:

3. spoiled_brat109

I'm using ME and it shows up when I start the computer.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

hi spoiled brat...good to see ya...
    No we don't get tired of seeing you....lol

5. spoiled_brat109

Hi Savvy Lady. I know I keep you busy. You don't have time to be bored as long as I have my computer.:D

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

LOL... know you was easy to help.... some are way to hard for me....

Hope you get starightened out here

you're in good hands :)

7. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

spoiled brat .... Can you confirm that your error message is "runtime error 429 on startup"?

8. columbo

columbo

Hey Saavy,

Hi Spoiled,

Several programs made by a variety of companies seem to be capable of producing this error. Try doing a search on whatever search engine you prefer, and narrow down the list of possibilities to programs that you have installed on your system.

Do you have a CD-Writer? If you're using a program called Record-Now 3.0, then it could be the culprit.

Record-now 3.0 causes runtime error

It looks like the only option presented for many of these programs is to remove them and re-install.

Good Luck :)

Columbo

9. spoiled_brat109

Ok Columbo I think from what you said I might know what it is. I did download a pop-up ad stopper. At least it sounds like it's not a big thing to worry about.
    I only see this error on my start up.
    Thanks I'll check things out.:D

10. angel

angel

Can you go to Start>Run, type 'msinfo32', expand Software and then Startup Programs... Choose Edit>Select All, then Edit>Copy - paste it here.

Something on startup is causing that error - probably one of the apps listed in <a href="http://search.microsoft.com/Default.asp?so=RECCNT&boolean=ALL&siteid=us&p=1&nq=WITHIN&fqu=%2522error%2520message%2522%2526RUNTIME%2526429&qu=runtime%2520error%2520429&qu=activex&i=99&nso=RECCNT&ig=1&ig=2&ig=3&ig=4&ig=5&ig=6&ig=7&ig=8&ig=9&ig=10&i=00&i=01&i=02&i=03&i=04&i=05&i=06&i=07&i=08&i=09">Microsoft's Articles</a>.

11. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

pop up ad stoppers interfere w/ javascript & can really mess up things

12. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I have to run ... you're in good hands

see ya

13. spoiled_brat109

*StateMgr c:\windows\system\restore\statemgr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    Hidserv hidserv.exe run All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    hpsysdrv c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Keyboard Manager c:\program files\netropa\one-touch multimedia keyboard\mmkeybd.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    mgavrtclexe c:\windows\mcbin\av\rt\mgavrtcl.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    mgavrtclexe c:\windows\mcbin\av\rt\mgavrte.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    Microsoft Works Update Detection c:\program files\microsoft works\wkdetect.exe .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    MoneyAgent "c:\program files\microsoft money\system\money express.exe" .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NAV Agent c:\progra~1\norton~1\navapw32.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Reality Fusion GameCam SE c:\progra~1\realit~1\realit~1\program\rftray.exe .DEFAULT Startup
    RealTray c:\program files\real\realplayer\realplay.exe systemboothideplayer All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ScanRegistry c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ScriptBlocking "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\script blocking\sbserv.exe" -reg All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    Taskbar Display Controls rundll deskcp16.dll,quickres_rundllentry .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    TaskMonitor c:\windows\taskmon.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    USBMMKBD usbmmkbd.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ZingSpooler c:\program files\common files\zing\zingspooler.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    I already went through and got rid of some.

14. spoiled_brat109

Guuess what>>Something must have worked because I shut down twice and started back up and the error didn't show up.:eek: What do you think?

15. spoiled_brat109

What do you think? See anything that needs to come out?
    :confused:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice