run time error 429

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spoiled_brat109

:) I know your getting tired of see me here but here I am again.This time it's an error message.
run time error 429
Active X component cant create object.
Got any idea what this is and how to get rid of it?

Hi,

What application are you using when you receive this error? Does this error occur at startup or shutdown?

:confused:

hi spoiled brat...good to see ya...
No we don't get tired of seeing you....lol

spoiled_brat109

Hi Savvy Lady. I know I keep you busy. You don't have time to be bored as long as I have my computer.:D

LOL... know you was easy to help.... some are way to hard for me....

Hope you get starightened out here

you're in good hands :)

spoiled brat .... Can you confirm that your error message is "runtime error 429 on startup"?

Hey Saavy,

Hi Spoiled,

Several programs made by a variety of companies seem to be capable of producing this error. Try doing a search on whatever search engine you prefer, and narrow down the list of possibilities to programs that you have installed on your system.

Do you have a CD-Writer? If you're using a program called Record-Now 3.0, then it could be the culprit.

Record-now 3.0 causes runtime error

It looks like the only option presented for many of these programs is to remove them and re-install.

Good Luck :)

Columbo

spoiled_brat109

Ok Columbo I think from what you said I might know what it is. I did download a pop-up ad stopper. At least it sounds like it's not a big thing to worry about.
I only see this error on my start up.
Thanks I'll check things out.:D

Can you go to Start>Run, type 'msinfo32', expand Software and then Startup Programs... Choose Edit>Select All, then Edit>Copy - paste it here.

Something on startup is causing that error - probably one of the apps listed in <a href="http://search.microsoft.com/Default.asp?so=RECCNT&boolean=ALL&siteid=us&p=1&nq=WITHIN&fqu=%2522error%2520message%2522%2526RUNTIME%2526429&qu=runtime%2520error%2520429&qu=activex&i=99&nso=RECCNT&ig=1&ig=2&ig=3&ig=4&ig=5&ig=6&ig=7&ig=8&ig=9&ig=10&i=00&i=01&i=02&i=03&i=04&i=05&i=06&i=07&i=08&i=09">Microsoft's Articles</a>.

spoiled_brat109

*StateMgr c:\windows\system\restore\statemgr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Hidserv hidserv.exe run All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
hpsysdrv c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Keyboard Manager c:\program files\netropa\one-touch multimedia keyboard\mmkeybd.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
mgavrtclexe c:\windows\mcbin\av\rt\mgavrtcl.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
mgavrtclexe c:\windows\mcbin\av\rt\mgavrte.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Microsoft Works Update Detection c:\program files\microsoft works\wkdetect.exe .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
MoneyAgent "c:\program files\microsoft money\system\money express.exe" .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
NAV Agent c:\progra~1\norton~1\navapw32.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Reality Fusion GameCam SE c:\progra~1\realit~1\realit~1\program\rftray.exe .DEFAULT Startup
RealTray c:\program files\real\realplayer\realplay.exe systemboothideplayer All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ScanRegistry c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ScriptBlocking "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\script blocking\sbserv.exe" -reg All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Taskbar Display Controls rundll deskcp16.dll,quickres_rundllentry .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
TaskMonitor c:\windows\taskmon.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
USBMMKBD usbmmkbd.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ZingSpooler c:\program files\common files\zing\zingspooler.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
I already went through and got rid of some.

spoiled_brat109

Guuess what>>Something must have worked because I shut down twice and started back up and the error didn't show up.:eek: What do you think?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!