1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Run-Time Error- XP Home- IEXplorer.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gunnerbill, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunnerbill

gunnerbill Thread Starter

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Run-Time Error
    Program: C:\program Files\internet Explorer\IEXplorer.exe

I have Windows XP Home, setup for 4 user. under the primary user(Adminastrator)and Guest every thing works fine (these has pasword assigned). Under the other two log ins (with out pass word, various progams will show a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "RUN-Time Error" program: C:\program Files\internet Explorer\IExplorer.exe.

I cant figure out what the F__k is going on. I get this error when I left or Right Click Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Find or scearch file. The computer is on a home lan and is the connection to the internet. All other computer work fine. The run-time error is there if the other computers are on and when they are off.

When I check "event Viewer" It shows I have alot of errors in application for MMC.exe & MDPPortVDD (what ever they are) and it show alot of errors in systems for the following items, MrxSmb, Atapi, DCom.

As far as I can tell, these problems started around 24June2003, As far as I can tell, "ALL" programs are updated and Nortons Anti-virus shows nothing in full system scan.

My system has:
    Motherboard: P4S800 ASUS
    CPU: 2.6ghz, 800Mhz
    Memory: 1GB PC3200
    Video: 256GB ATI Radeon 9200
    Sound: SB Audigy 2
    Lan Cards: SMC 10\100
    Asound 10\100
    HD: Maxtor 120gb 133/7200
    Maxtor 120gb 133/7200
    CD: Pioneer DVDx16
    Pioneer DV-R 105
    Windows XP Home SP-1a
    MS Office Pro 2000
    Adobe PS 7.0
    Nortons Internet Professional 2002
    Nero 6.011
    Webshots(updated)

2. gunnerbill

gunnerbill Thread Starter

Problem resolved !!!!

I fixed it.

The problem was a worm!!!!!

I had alot of them.

I downloaded SPYBOT S&D ver 1.2 and the updates,

I Loaded and ran the program. WOW!!! I couldn't believe what was there, a total of 78 files of spyware, key strokes recorders, site trackers, password receorders, etc... They were able to get by Nortons firewall and Windows XP firewall. They attacked the two users because there was no pass word for Log-in (soft-targets). The other two users were not effected because it had password log-in, I guest (Hard Targets).

This program is free and very safe!!

God sent the US Marine to protect & preserve, but God made Navy SEAL to protect the Marines.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!