1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RUNDLL error at startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KSdum2, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSdum2

KSdum2 Thread Starter

When I startup my laptop I get a message......RUNDELL Error loading C:\PRDGRA-1\MYWEBS-1\BAR\MWSBAR.DLL THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND.

Is this an easy fix for me being poor on fixing software probs.

e machine
    Win Home SP2
    IE7
    MSN

2. flashsnaps

flashsnaps

Hey pal, I had a similar problem - I fixed it by running a repair of XP.

Have you got an XP Disk?

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

That's a remnant of the My Web Search toolbar.
    Check in Add/Remove Programs for any of the following and remove them:
    • My Web Search
    • My Way Speedbar
    • Search Assistant - My Way

Reboot. If the error still occurs, I'd suggest posting a Hijack This log for one of the malware experts to look over
    Go to Download HiJack This
    • Click the Download HijackThis Installer link.
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Double click on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
    • Click Install
    • Click the I Accept button on the License Agreement Window
    • The Main Menu window will open
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button.
    • It will scan, save the log in C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis, and then the log will open in Notepad.
    • In Notepad, click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire log.
    • Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is required or harmless.

From the Rules

Log Analysis/Malware Removal - In order to ensure that advice given to users is consistent and of the highest quality, those who wish to assist with security related matters must first graduate from one of the malware boot camp training universities or be approved by the administration as already being qualified. Those authorized to help with malware issues have a gold shield [​IMG] next to their name and authorized malware removal trainees have a blue shield [​IMG] next to their names. Anyone wishing to participate in a training program should contact a Moderator for more information.

* Be patient. The malware experts are very busy and will get to you. Older posts with zero replies will likely get responded to sooner, so don't bump your post or add information for at least 24 hours. You can edit your post during the first 24 hours if you need to add anything you forgot. To edit your post, click the EDIT button by the post you want to edit.

Jerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!