1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Runner Error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by boadie, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

this message appears after i restart my computer---invalid backweb application id "7288971"

2. RSM123

RSM123

Found this on :

http://www.aboutseniors.com.au

Invalid Backweb application
    Q. From Marilyn: My brother's computer gets this message upon startup (he is running Windows 98): "Running error, invalid backweb application I.D. 7288971." Please help.

A. This is an auto-update facility used by various parties - including Compaq, HP, McAfee at one time, and I am sure many others. The home web site is http://www.backweb.com/.

It often does not appear in add/remove programmes, and may only be uninstallable by re-running setup for the programme that installed it.

The easiest way to deal with this little problem is, to go to 'Start'>Run and type in: 'msconfig'. Here you will find a tab saying 'Startup'. Find the offending application, untick it, press 'apply', 'OK' and restart like requested. This is about the only way I can help you over long distance, but I am certain it will stop the error message as the program will no longer run at startup.

3. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

tried what you told me to do , couldn't find anything like that under startup. running xp home.

4. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

when spybot,was told to fix problems this happened--could not load the target dll (invalid backweb application id "7288971",error code 126).

5. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

this happened after spybot fixed problems

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You do know that you can "unfix" the errors with SpyBot and maybe restore that program to operation, right?

7. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

found out where backweb came from,it came with kodak easyshare software,the kodak update part of it.this means kodak sends spyware with their downloads.i can't let spybot remove this,otherwise l'll keep receiving those messages.does spy bot delete recoveries after so long?

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm not sure how long SpyBot keeps backup items, but I don't see anything that says they delete them.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice