Running Batch file before startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iOXeR

I want to run a batch file that will run before startup to delete index.dat everytime I logon. How would you recommend doing this?

iOXeR

I know how to delete I just don't know how to delete it before the OS says that it's not deleteable. I don't really know if this is possible, but I guess I can use that program.

Hello, I think that you CAN'T delete it for the logged user while still in use. You can delete it for other users (not logged). Try with safe mode (or command console) if really need to delete it.

Ciao
Maurizio

iOXeR

Thanks for the replies. I really didn't think it would work, but I thought I might try seeing as Spybot and adaware can do this.

try this:
copy and paste the following, name it delindex.reg:
-------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"del"="%ComSpec% /c del /s /f /q \"C:\\Documents and Settings\\x\\index.dat\""

------------------------------------------
! change "X" to your username / location of index.dat !

paste delindex.reg to c:\

make a *.bat file with this in it:
-----------------------------------------
RegEdit.Exe /S "c:\delindex.Reg"
--------------------------------------
everytime you want to delete index.dat just double click the bat file and reboot.

ps - Index.dat Suite will be able to delete it and can even create an html
of the entire contents of your index.dat---

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online