running dos program in ME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ALBLONDIAU

IS it possibble to run dos program in Me got new machine at work but we use aold dos program called nutshell as a simple database and it works well under win 98 it's important that it works on my new machine . as all my workers use nutshell I want to be able to to be compatable with other machines .
Is this a problem with ME .what can I do to remedy this problem without downgrading to win 98? will upgrade to win 2000 help ?

If you can get the program to run in a msdos window, then you can. You may have to mess with some dos shortcut settings to get it to work though. If the program requires real mode dos., then you cannot load it.

However you can hack your WinME to get dos back., but that is not recommended and is very dangerous. But possible.

If you need the program that bad, just use a bootdisk to load the computer in dos. Then you could load the program.

Or you could use partition magic to resize your hard drive, create another bootable partition with just dos on it. The you could use a boot manager to choose between WinME and Dos.

Anyway you go about it will just be either dangerous to do or just annoying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.