1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Running on GMA 4500M

Discussion in 'Games' started by WELSHYx, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WELSHYx

WELSHYx Thread Starter

Hey guys, so im running a laptop with a GMA4500M (intel) and after reading write ups its not actually that bad last night i was running a freinds copy of COD4 on it at a reasonable frame rate on medium/low settings, so i was wondering if i can run COD4 ok on low what else could i run.. my laptop's other specs arn't the best either 3GB RAM 160GB HDD Intel Celeron Dual Core 1.80Ghz but i do have an old desktop im prepared to invest in running a solid celeron processor capable of 2GB RAM and PCIe ports on it any im going to lend a freinds copy of fallout 3 to see if i can get it running but if i were to use the old desktop and upgrade could anyone reccomend sutible upgrades for say $130/£100 at the most i know how to install just where to look and what i would need the full specs of the desktop are on my profile :)

2. choiceskillme

choiceskillme

Hey man, I have the Intel GMA 4500M and I have been running Command and Conquer 3 without changing anything and have had no problems. I also played the sims 3 for a lil bit without problems, but the sims 3 back of the box said that the GMA 3 and 4 series were supported. I havent found any more games that are supported though. I have found a few that say that integrated cards will not work, but who knows. I dont really want to spend 40-50 bux and find out that it doesnt. let me know if you find any games that work and ill do the same for you. I have tried checking everything I can to see if there are upgrades, possible replacements, or even an external card, but its not looking promising. good luck man

3. WELSHYx

WELSHYx Thread Starter

Hey dude well i got fallout 3 off a mate having trouble getting it to run but it was a copy of his original so i dunno if there is something missing off the installer disk

will have a look at it propery and the we shall see :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice