1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Running out of space on HP_RECOVERY(D:)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kaizezheng, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaizezheng

kaizezheng Thread Starter

I don't know, but somehow I have 5 Megabytes out of 5 gigabytes of space left on this drive. While I don't use this to store anything and such, I have noticed that it is slowing the system down. I don't what has caused this because about 1 year before I remember seeing it with only about 23% used. I have a Windows XP, from hp. Normally I would just manually clear some space up but it warns me that deleting something could totally destroy the usage of recovery if I ever wanted to again, but I hate the fact that it's making my system slow. Got anything for me?

2. Carey934

Carey934

Download ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com

It's a free and safe program that should help.

3. kaizezheng

Thanks, I mean it's kinda sad... I have Windows Registry Cleaner (trial), Ad-Aware, ZoneAlarm, Norton Anti, Windows Defender, Spyware Doctor, SpySubtract, and 3 Extensions on Mozilla to prevent this kind of stuff from happening... and look where it got me =]

4. Carey934

Carey934

That won't help with temp files and cache... those things fill up your hard drive space very quickly!

That's where ccleaner comes in!

5. kaizezheng

K but also, I don't know, but it should all just go to the C drive, not D drive, the computer recommended me to use the Automatic Cleaner thingie, and all of the things cleanable were 0kb, but we'll give this a try

6. Carey934

Carey934

Let me know how it works out for ya!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice