Running Procceses (sp?) - Can i disable some?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SpyKiller112

I just wanted to know if there is a way to disable some of the processes that run on your computer (i think there is) and would it do much for computer speed?

I also heard there was something called "over clocking" or something like that. Would that work on an xp laptop?

" overclocking " is a method that you bump up all the limits of your computer hardware to perform at the maximum of said component ......dont do it if you dont know what it means ..........go to here and google others to customize your start-up .

You can do a little research on your running processes here:
http://www.processlibrary.com/
If you feel something is not needed, you can go to Computer Management and Services and disable them from running at startup. Be aware, you need to keep a list of what you disable because when everything screws up, you can go back and enable them.(if you can get the system to run)
Do a google search for XP system processes. I suggest not changing anything unless you are absolutely certain you really need to change it. Chances are it's not going to make a noticeable difference anyway. My advice: If you need to go faster, get a desktop with one of those new turbocharged, dual something, nitrogen cooled, AMD SanFrancisco processors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts