Running process?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

britt

Everything was fine and a moment ago it bogged down again. CPU usage is max but it shows nothing runnung on task amnager.
Is Bigfix worth anything. Ive never paid it any mind until I just got a pop up saying ist no longer su[[orted. Should I ininstall it?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Everything was fine and a moment ago it bogged down again. CPU usage is max but it shows nothing runnung on task amnager.
Is Bigfix worth anything. Ive never paid it any mind until I just got a pop up saying ist no longer su[[orted. Should I ininstall it?
Of course things show up. You're looking at the wrong tab. You have to look at Processes and sort the list by CPU. THe process consuming the most resources will be right there at the top.

britt

I did look under processes and couldnt find anything taking a lot of memory.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Not memory. CPU. If the CPU was maxed out at 100%, then there was certainly a process running that was consuming CPU cycles. How do you know the CPU was maxed out if you didn't see the running processes?

britt

I could see the graph showing usage and it was maxed. Under perfoemace it says 100% on CPU. Its doing it as we speak. Ive checked every app by opening it and none of them are running or updating. This really upsets me. Ill run a malware sacn now. And AVG runs at 5,

britt

This is the log from Malware.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cpbrkpie.coupon6ctrl.1 (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a85a5e6a-de2c-4f4e-99dc-f469df5a0eec} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{87255c51-cd7d-4506-b9ad-97606daf53f3} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{6e780f0b-bcd6-40cb-b2db-7af47ab4d4a4} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{a138be8b-f051-4802-9a3f-a750a6d862d4} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{b64f4a7c-97c9-11da-8bde-f66bad1e3f3a} (Rogue.WinAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

rka0

Banned
Hello britt. Great bit of software ah. Has your situation improve as a consequence of the scan and quaranting of the offenders.

britt

I havent done much yet plus I need to restart for everything to yake effect.
Doesanybody see any bad stuuf there? I saw a cuople that looked like virus/trojans along with the normal double click junk.
Thanks, I hope we have a winner here. I gues 4AM will tell the tale.

DoubleHelix

Banned
When the CPU is maxed out, you click the Processes tab in Task Manager, and sort the list by CPU to find the process or processes that are consuming the cycles. It's very simple.

britt

If its so simple than why dont you listen to me. Idid that. No process was using a large amount of memory. That is what I mean when I say that by using task manager it is not showing me any culprit! Do you want me to repeat that slowly!

DoubleHelix

Banned
You're throwing the term "memory" into the mix again. Is it a memory or a CPU problem? It must not be a CPU problem or you'd see a task using a large amount of CPU cycles.

Best of luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.