1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Running Speakers without Woofer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrazyComputerMan, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    I still have these neat speakers x3, I asked the mum if we have woofer and said it was missing and I would still like to use these. Those of most speaker come in audio cable, not mini jack and I was looking at amplifier that would power the speakers and convert to mini jack cable to computer.

It would be brilliant if there is PCI with audio ports to connect these but not sure if it is powerful. I cannot determine the model of these speaker so I would say 10w or 20 w.

Many thanks

Rob x

Attached Files:

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

The picture doesn't provide enough detail. But judging from the connector end that is cut off by how you framed the picture, it appears to have some sort of RCA plug or similar type connector. If this is the case, chances are very high (because you mentioned a subwoofer) that this will never work properly with any amplifier. These speakers are sold as a package which can't be upgraded because the amplifier module in the subwoofer has crossovers built in and designed to equalize the acoustics of the speaker with the subwoofer.

You're better of not wasting any time on this project and just buy a new speaker system.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Usually the amplifier is built into the subwoofer case and you have to have an amplifier to run speakers off the computer, unless it is a special high-powered sound card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice