1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Running Sugarsync + Dropbox at the same time - good idea or bad idea?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by OM2, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OM2

OM2 Thread Starter

Dropbox + Sugarsync - running both at the same time - good idea or bad idea?
    Will they both be thrashing my machine and eating up lots of CPU like a hungry monster? :)

Thanks

OM

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

You can be specific about what each actually synchronizes so I don't see that as a CPU issue. However if using both over the Internet with one of the more substantial data plans to sync, I would wonder which gets priority or how well they share the upload bandwidth. Wouldn't be so good if one was always grabbing it to sync in the off-load times and the other just kept waiting and waiting for its turn.

3. OM2

OM2 Thread Starter

upload bandwidth not a problem for me

cpu hogging is a problem though
    i read through one of sugarsyncs forum entries and one poster was saying that it sucked up cpu loads
    so was a little concerned

intitially when starting off: ok... i'm ok to have it take cpu
    but then afterwards... i don't want it constantly running and taking up cpu!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1033995