Running two antivirus programs

mike2111

Settings indicates that my F-Secure antivirus is switched off and Defender is switched on. When I open the F-secure app it is shown as fully active - I thought that running two AV programs at the same time was problematic. There seems no way to switch defender off and keep F-Secure on as Windows 10 seems to believe that F-Secure is off. I am currently having difficulty installing a new program, which might be caused by an AV program conflict. What should I do?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's not advisable to install and use a third-party antivirus app (such as F-Secure) in Windows 10 because it can cause various issues.

It's advisable to stick with Windows 10's built-in antivirus app - Windows Security aka Windows Defender.

--------------------------------------------------

Most of the forum experts here suggest only using Defender. Whether it's better than others I'm not experienced enough to know, however I have not had any issues with Defender.

Regards Silversurf

mike2111

Thanks for all the responses. I have currently got F-Secure, provided by my ISP for free, switched off, but having read the article I am now at a loss as to what is the best thing to do. Switching off F-Secure has not solved the problems I have started to have with my PC, so I think I need to re-install Windows - reluctantly.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Turning OFF a AV program does not always turn off the protection.

I would uninstall the F-Secure and us ONLY Defender.

Run Windows Security to see what's indicated in Virus and Threat Protection. In my case, it says that Kaspersky Security Cloud is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online