Solved Running Two Versions of Thunderbird On Same Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
D

Deleted member 864885

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 12196 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (846 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 07KY25
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

My post is going to be twofold! After running the SysInfo utility I see Windows Defender is disabled. Could that be because McAfee is running? If not, how do I enable Windows Defender?

Then my next question is can I run two versions of Thunderbird on the same machine? I ask that because my old computer crashed making the need for a new one, which runs Windows 10. I downloaded Thunderbird Beta, which probably wasn't a good idea. Then I found the version of Thunderbird I had prior. I have a back up of all my addresses for the old version but cannot figure out where to locate it in the newer version of TB, prompting my question, can I run two versions of Thunderbird on the same computer?

Thanks for any help! :)
PS: Old Windows version was 7, if that can be of any help!

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes, McAfee most likely disable Defender.
You do NOT want to run both Defender and McAfee, as they will fight each other and really slow down your system. My choice would be to uninstall McAfee.

As for Thunderbird, I have no idea.

D

Deleted member 864885

Thanks for the suggestion!
Yeah, McAfee came on the new computer and Dell always loads McAfee, which I've never liked McAfee (too confusing). I have Malwarebytes, do you know does it conflict with Windows Defender? It didn't seem to on my old system.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If it is the new 3.xxx version, yes it includes an AV, so it should not be run with Defender.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online