1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Runonce process at startup gives black screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by XxSaberxX, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxSaberxX

XxSaberxX Thread Starter

Hi. I've recently just reinstalled Windows on my PC due to a trojan infection (it was highly recommended by someone over at the Virus/Spyware section to do so) and now I've got a problem - this process called 'runonce' is preventing my desktop from loading.

What happens is that once I enter my password to log onto my Windows user account, it shows a black screen and a cursor. I've tried waiting for 30 mins and it remains the same - my desktop only loads when I manually end the 'runonce' process from Task Manager.

Now I've read that runonce is a windows process, so I doubt it's harmful, but what is going on? Why isn't my desktop loading automatically?

I've attached a screenshot of my task manager at startup. Hope it helps.

[​IMG]

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice