1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Runtime error 21 at 014D49D2

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by n10doefrk, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. downtown7

downtown7

face book seems to be the culprit here.i did sa system restore to 4 days prior.it fixed the runtime error,but then created some other problems.by the way mcafee and norton are useless in these situations.matter of fact the are useless period.i deleted mcafee from my system.i am running webroot spyware and plan to purchase trend micro for virus protection.i currently and getting alot of "internet explorer cannot display this page" message on a portion of a web page,say msn.it is only partial.anyone know the solution to this one?

2. downtown7

downtown7

just saw it on bloomberg news out of singapore.facebook link infected with a virus.

3. RonnonF

RonnonF

Webroot Spysweeper and Norton Internet Security did not detect any problems. The solution was detected while rebooting the machine before the dialog boxes appeared. A different dialog box appeared stating that the NcsJapi32 application could not load completely. This application has been documented to cause the problems that everyone on this forum has noticed.

Here is the resolution:
    - Start the computer in Safe mode (command prompt), go to the Windows\System32 directory and remove the Splm.
    - Remove the directory by running "Rmdir Splm /s", exit and reboot computer.
    - open Regedit and search for all occurences of NCSJAPI32 and remove.

This NCSJAPI32 application is registered as "Intelli Mouse Pro Version 2.0B" (pretty sneaky spyware).

btw - I sent an email to [email protected] and [email protected] (they do not list any support contact info on their site.

4. downtown7

downtown7

is this easy for a non tech savy person?..will it fix intermitent messages on web pages that "internet explorer cannot be dispalyede"?

5. RonnonF

RonnonF

The solution can be implemented. the Ie error is diff

6. downtown7

downtown7

thx ron

7. Reginald001

Reginald001

i went to safe mode (command prompt) as you said ron, but when i searched for the Splm, it said it coudlnt find it. was there a specific way i was supposed to open the Windows/System32 directory, or as i just missing something?

8. RonnonF

RonnonF

CD\Windows\system32
    the directory should be there.

9. Siggaeus

Siggaeus

I too found this problem started after my son was on Facebook, but I am having real difficulties doing what you suggest Ron, as I'm not expereinced enough. I now see why I couldn't successfully get into Windows\system32 at the command prompt (didn't realise I had to type cd first) but once I've done this, how do I remove splm? And where do I type in Rmdir splm /s? Do I go into Run and type it there? Finally (sorry about this) I managed to find Regedit by searching for it and clicked on it to open it, but don't know how to search for NCSJAP132 and then remove it. Sorry to be so useless, but I'd really appreciate some help!

10. RonnonF

RonnonF

to remove that directory you need to run the machine in safe mode with command prompt. To search the registry there is a pull-down menu option that you select (or I believe CNTRL+F)

11. Siggaeus

Siggaeus

Thanks - managed to work it out!

12. dd1877

dd1877

I finally got it removed, thanks for the help guys!!!!!!

13. zenixcomp

zenixcomp

Hey,

I have been stumped by this virus for a few days now. Thanks for all your advice, it pointed me in the right direction. I thought I would share what I found. Apparently it isn't always in the directory splm. I found 4 exe's in a folder named spfx. I deleted this directory and the problem is gone. I am now scanning for remnants in the registry.

14. atnskyline

atnskyline Banned

and no it didnt work so i brought it to fire dog and they will fix it. ive never hadee something so annoying before. i hate runtime errors!

15. djmellowfellow

djmellowfellow

Hey, I've also got this Facebook virus on my PC. Gonna try what you suggest Ron - will let you know outcome. I hate viruses!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737298