1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

runtime error 429, please help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BrandonT, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BrandonT

BrandonT Thread Starter

Hello everyone,
    Please help... when I go to open certain games I've gotten, I get a popup message saying "runtime error 429 ActiveX cant create object".. Noone else anywhere has been able to help me solve this problem.. Ive tried several things that has been suggested to me but none has worked.
    Microsoft support told me to delete all my temporary files (which I did) and then do this:
    Go to do step 2 resetting internet explorer fix it link (which I have also did):

[FONT=&quot]http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646978
    I would get the following message:
    "There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A script required for
    this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or
    package vendor" So that didnt work either.
    I have a couple other games on there that I can open fine after I purchased them... its only these certain other ones that i have trouble with and get that runtime error message when I try to open it.

So... thats where I am at.. any other ideas I can try??? I have updated my activeX and even DirectX also... any other help I would greatly greatly appreciate.... thank you so very much!!!!
    [/FONT]

2. BrandonT

BrandonT Thread Starter

Anyone any ideas what is causing this please????

3. BrandonT

BrandonT Thread Starter

Does nobody here have anything I could try at all???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059170