1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Runtime error- line:13 error:syntax error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by liborn24, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liborn24

liborn24 Thread Starter

I've been getting an error message and I can't find anything about it on Microsoft support.
    I can't tell what exactly causes it to come up. It says:

Runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?
    line:13
    error: syntax error

Can you help me to sove this?

Thanks

2. bandit429

bandit429

Welcome to TSG

Go to start ,,settings,,control panel,,internet options,,click the advanced tab and uncheck the box "disable script debugging" click apply and ok then restart and try again.

I hope this is the problem,,please post the result:)

3. liborn24

liborn24 Thread Starter

It's already unchecked. Are you sure you don't want me to check the box so that it does disable the script debugging?

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Yes, place a check mark in the box.

5. bandit429

bandit429

Yeah thats it;) got it backwards,,let us know how it works

6. liborn24

liborn24 Thread Starter

Bad news! I've had nothing but more problems since I followed the above directions. I couldn't get past the Windows 98 screen in the beginning. I took the tower to a repair place and he said there were some errors in some lines in the bootup. I was able to get it past that screen and use the computer, but not without further problems. Some of my programs won't work now. I can't get my printer added back in. I'm losing patience so I decided my only solution is to reformat the hard drive with the recovery cds.
    Ha-ha!! When I put the cd in, it sound like the computer is reading it, but nothing comes up. When I try to use the shorcut to the cd-rom, I get and error message---"the drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Shortcut to CD-ROM Disc Ink (or Lnk)' refers to is unavailable. Make sure the disk is properly installed or they network resource is available and then try again."
    HELP! I don't know how to get it so I can reformat and start again.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Just to be clear, the above advice in no way would have had any other effect on your computer.

Have you tried restarting the computer with the restore cd in the drive? You might have to change the bios boot order to boot to the cdrom first.

8. bandit429

bandit429

I have to agree,,,,in no way would that setting affect your computer in this manner.

9. TechMonkey

TechMonkey

Me too I agree...

You should not have to reinstall Windows... all the drivers (printer) should be on your OEM drivers disk provided that you still have all the original equipment that came w/ your computer.
    Software can be removed and reinstalled.

Take a step back and figure out what the real problem is, take one issue @ a time.

If you decide to run the recovery disk check w/ the OEM documentation or their web site on how to use the CDs.
    AcaCandy gave you a good step to try...

Good Luck

Remember if this stuff was easy we would all be out of a job...

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/103002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice