Runtime Error with recent restore?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

btr94

I recently sent my computer into HP's service centers, and they wiped the hard drive. I backed up with Windows Backup on XP, and it restored nicely. The only problem is I get an error when I try to open certain programs:

For example, SyncToy's error:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Documents and Setti...
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I then click OK.

SyncToy.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x781346b6. Click OK to terminate. Click CANCEL to debug.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE, Process Explorer's error:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYSINTERNALS\PROCESSEXPLORER\PROCEXP.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I then click OK.

PROCEXP.EXE - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x781346b6. Click OK to terminate. Click CANCEL to debug.

Please help if you know any information.

btr94

I'm not sure how to check that. I tried to install the newest version from the link you provided, however, the same error came up during the installation.

btr94

Just an update:

I have a Windows XP System Recovery Disk from Compaq - would that possibly help? I just want to make sure that it won't erase my hard drive, just repair the OS...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts