Runtime errors while installing XP SP2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

florian1

Hi there,
Can anyone help with this probelm?
I'm trying to install SP2 and the install stalls with a couple of runtime errors. The text box shows 'Runtime error 203 at 636E3EF5' and 'Runtime error at 5A003CD1.'
I've searched the Knowledge Base but can't find anythoing related to it. Is there a genius out there that can read codes like these?
F:( lorian1

Could you tell us how exactly are you trying to install XP ? and when and where in the process do you get the error ?

~a

florian1

Hi there,
Thanks for resonding. I have a system in the house running XP S1. The copy is validated and I went to download SP2 - no problem, but during installation the previously mentioned errors came up in a text box several times towards the end of the installation. The unit does not have a CD installed so perhaps some of the runtime errors related to CD use?
Thanks, florian1

An error that occurs during the execution of a program. In contrast, compile-time errors occur while a program is being compiled. Runtime errors indicate bugs in the program or problems that the designers had anticipated but could do nothing about. For example, running out of memory will often cause a runtime error.
Do you not have a CD ROM ?
If you do have one then why dont you just slipstream SP2 ?

~a

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online