1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Russian E-mail & how to block it?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by arbeingr, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arbeingr

arbeingr Thread Starter

Hello. I use (win98, ms-ie 6) have been receiving a lot of emails coming from what appear to be russian sites (both subject and main message body are written in Russian). Is there any way I can block them? I have tried creating a blocking rule in Outlook but to no avail cause I don't have russian characters. What can I do? Thank you

2. Deke40

Deke40

You could set up a rule to receive email from people in your address book only if that would fit your situation.

Go to OE/Tools/Message Rules/Mail/New/ Tick the first item "Where the from line contains people"/ Tick an item in the #2 box(You have a choice to copy, delete, move to folder, do not download it from server or delete it form server) you might want to set up a junk folder and put them there. Now click "contains people" under box #3/click "address book"/highlight the first name and scroll down to bottom of list and hold "Shift key" and click the last name/click "From" at top right and it will copy address to "Rule Addresses"/click "ok"/click "options"/tick "Message does not contain the people below"/click "ok"/click "ok"/Then click "Specified Folder(if you chose that option earlier)/pick a folder/ click oK\Ok\Ok.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

how would/could you ever get an email from that long, lost girlfriend or maybe something important.

limiting to the address book wouldn't work for me.

hilite the message/messages/block sender.

4. Deke40

Deke40

Bearone2-Any old girlfriends I have are just that, "Old".

I have had very little luck with the Block Senders List for persistant spamers as they just keep changing the name before the domain to just get through.

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i hear you.

i blocked them the same way until i had about a zillion of them, removed all and now just delete them as they come in.

nav jumps on a few of them from time to time and my isp grabs most of the ugly ones.

6. arbeingr

arbeingr Thread Starter

Deke, thank you you for your prompt reply. The thing is I would like to somehow manage to block email containing russian characters in their subject lines. Given that the main pc language is english, I can't fill the relevant line in the Outlook email block rule with russian characters. Any hints? Thank you again

7. pedroguy

pedroguy

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but I have been getting about 30 of these things a week.After many futile attempts to block them,report them to my ISP, I just gave up and changed my email address.I still keep my original address for junk purposes and just go over there and clean out the inbox every few days.I also use it to do on line registrations etc that require an email address.
    For both of our sakes,I hope you figure out a way to block this.f you

8. pedroguy

pedroguy

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but I have been getting about 30 of these things a week.After many futile attempts to block them,report them to my ISP, I just gave up and changed my email address.I still keep my original address for junk purposes and just go over there and clean out the inbox every few days.I also use it to do on line registrations etc that require an email address.
    For both of our sakes,I hope you figure out a way to block this.

9. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

I use Spam Pal to tag the header with the name of selected countries and then use rules to auto-delete. (Using PopTray, but you could do the same thing in OE) Russia is one of the countries on the list you can tag.

10. arbeingr

arbeingr Thread Starter

Davec, thank you for your message. My aim is to block messages with a subject written in russian. My aim is to not to block messages coming from .RU servers. Any hints?

11. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Download E-Mail Remover. It's free and works great. I've been using it for about 5 years and wouldn't consider using my e-mail program prior to using the remover.
    Get it here.... http://eremover.bizhosting.com/ :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice