1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Russian

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by ronarose, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronarose

ronarose Thread Starter

What's the prefrence of using VB with database vs just ms access? Anything which VB is doing better that Access? I have to make a choice which developing environment to choose.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You'd use VB for a front end. You'd have to use something else at the back end.

Seems a strange question to ask without providing any specs.

How many users?
    What type of environment (corporate, small business, college class)?
    Purpose?
    Client requirements?

3. ronarose

ronarose Thread Starter

Hei, thank you for response..OK, that's exactly what I myself need to know: why instead of ms access people want to use VB as a front end and access as a back end? Why? Why not to use ms access as the good environment for an entire database development???? Why do they want to use VB as a Front end? Ms Access is doing it also...So it's a question : what's is better in VB that ms access is not able to perform?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice