1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Ryzen 3 Build Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marc-W4MPS, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marc-W4MPS

Marc-W4MPS Thread Starter

This is the third computer I've tried building. First two operated perfectly. This one is giving me headaches:
    Motherboard: ASRock B450M HDV r 4.0
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3, 2200 G w/ Vega graphics
    Memory: Patriot Viper 4, 16 ([email protected] 8 GB) 3000 MHz
    Power: Corsair CX 450W 80+ Bronze
    Case: Fractal Core 1000
    Windows 10

I'm experiencing random blue screens and random reboots
    Blue screen errors include-
    Memory management
    Bad pool header
    Pool corruption in file area
    Page fault in non paged area
    Attempted write to read only memory
    Video TDR failure

Completed memtest86. Everything seems to check out well. Confirmed with Patriot
    I'm not a computer geek, so my tech knowledge is limited.
    Wondering if anyone can get clues from the error messages above and direct me to some logical diagnostic ideas.
    Many thanks
    Marc Sullivan

2. replay

replay

Pull one stick of memory
    See if issue persists
    Then try the other stick on its own
    Easiest way....... I know you have run men test ...but....

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, that memory needs 1.35V vdimm or ram voltage. Your board should default to 1.2V ie you need to set vdimm manually in the bios.
    Next what are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values?
    Enter the bios and check these values. Note let the system run in the bios for at least 2min to stabilize temps and voltages. Post those here.

See if your voltages are going up and down. The only voltage that should vary is cpu or vcore; all others should not move.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Marc-W4MPS likes this.
  4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Also Memtest needs to run multiple tests overnight for a complete test

5. Marc-W4MPS

Changed voltage to 1.35. Been running now for over an hour with no issues. Fingers crossed. I'll let you know if it makes it 24 hours. Many thanks for your suggestion.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Still post your voltages and temps from the bios. You may have a bad pw supply.

7. Marc-W4MPS

Attaching screen shot of temps and voltages taken this morning (Sunday). Since I changed the voltage as you recommended, everything seems to be working fine. No hiccups. I think you may be my new best friend :) Many thanks for your advice and help.
    02feb20-0707.PNG

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Those look fine. You can mark your own thread as solved using the button at the upper left. No need for this one; I will mark it for you.
    Glad it is working.
    XMP will set voltage and memory speed for you however on AMDs, xmp does not work all that well. On the intel side it works fine. This is why you should always set ram speed and voltage manually in the bios when using an AMD.

Usually you do not have to set voltage manually as long as the memory is running @2133 which is what is usually does when you first pw ON. To get it to run at rated speed, then you have to up vdimm. This is just a guess on my part however your motherboard is a lower end micro board. My guess [and it is only a guess] is that the board has some voltage drop to the ram chips. This is why upping the voltage worked for you. In a year or two, you may encounter the same problem as the board wears.

9. Marc-W4MPS

You're the best. Thanks again.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice