Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

?s about installing windows xp on hp elite 8000 with dou 2 c

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hello

I have a few ?s 1 I have old hp compact dc7700 that has windows xp and hd is sata type. I have tried to put it in my elite 8000 tower wich is also sata and when I load it countusly reboots. is there a fix?

2 before I sent elite to shop to put xp wich they installed 7 on instead I tried to format the hd with xp. I use operation cd from hp that there site says has sata driver in them. when set up loads all files it needs it crashes gives me blue screen death what am I doing wrong or is there any way fix, w7 is ok but some my games either need older drivers or lag really bad iv tried looking for info but haven't found much. any help would be hepfull ty Darren

#2 ·
Howdy and welcome. If you are talking about taking the hard drive out of the 7700 and installing it in the elite 8000, that will not work, as the machine have different chipsets. You need to reformat the HD for that to work.

#3 ·
You appear to have a HP Compaq 8000 Elite tower desktop which comes with one of these Windows operating systems:
Windows XP Professional
Windows Vista Business
Windows 7 Professional

What's the exact product number(P/N) on yours?
What's the exact Windows version on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As valis has already said, you cannot remove a hard drive containing Windows XP from the HP Compaq dc7700 and install it in the HP Compaq 8000 Elite and expect it to work.
The Windows operating system needs to be installed in the hard drive in the computer that it's going to run in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.