[S]ATA - [E]IDE converter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eugeneg

I have an old PC with big IDE disk which I use to backup clients' disks (using Ghost 9). When a SATA machine comes in the shop I'm stuck as I don't have any ATA connectors on my backup server. I know it is possible to buy adaptors/connectors to allow old IDE disks to sit on a ATA mobo, but what about the other way around ?
EG

eugeneg

Thanks Lurker1. I tried searching but I guess I must have used the wrong search engine or put in less valid keywords than you.

However the blindingly obvious second part of your answer is the better for me - why on earth didn't I think of just buying a PCI card !?
Dooow.

Shame the latest version of Ghost does not support booting off a floppy/CD into a version of Ghost which allows backups to be take to a network disk; then I wouldn;t need to get a new card at all.

Cheers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online