1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

S......L.......o.......W....... Internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by superant, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superant

superant Thread Starter

Please help.

I have a Acer Laptop (very high spec) and 1M broadband internet connection. Somehow my internet became very slow. I downloaded a spyware detector. I have Norton Antivirus. My MS firewall is working fine. The internet service is fine becaus my desktop runs 1000 times better on the same connection. I am weary of downloading accelerators and stuff like that.

What can I do?

Sincerely
    Superant

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Some of those accelerators may contain spyware- to add to your trouble!

It would be best if you post a Hijackthis log:

There are directions here to do it: There are .zip form and .exe form, take your pick.

Download it here:

http://radiosplace.com/

Or here.

It's a direct download so be ready with the folder for it.

Basically, you create a new folder, the desktop is OK provided you make a folder on the desktop, name it something like HJT, and download TO that folder, run hijackthis.exe from there. Don't run just hijackthis.exe directly off the desktop. If there are users of the computer who might start HJT and use it, hide the program in a folder elsewhere, like make a folder right on C: or a new folder in My Documents or Program Files.

First open a reply here in your thread to have it ready.
    Run Hijackthis.exe, and
    Select the "Scan and save a log" button...

When it is done scanning> the Save box will become available, save the log as hijackthis.txt which will open with Notepad. Hit the EDIT> Select All then the EDIT>Copy button at the top of your log, Go back to TSG, and click once in the blank reply space, then go to the top of your browser window and select EDIT>Paste.
    Please do NOT use HJT yourself to remove anything, most of what it shows is good and needed by the system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice