S.M.A.R.T capability

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alison99

I've always noticed when booting up it said S.M.A.R.T. capability enabled.Today something odd about a virus came up then when it came on it said S.M.A.R.T. disabled.I have windows ME and Norton antivirus and Firewall.A system virus scan was fine and its all working ok.Any idea why its disabled or if I shouls be concerned?
Thanks for your help.I don't know much about this :confused: Alison

Alison99

Thanks for ansering me.This is a great site.I can't be very specific about the message.It was early and I can't remember it properly.That'll teach me to write things down!! It mentioned the BIOs and something about a virus and I had to press a button to get the start up to continue.It wasn't the usual start up screen.Then Norton had no virus definitions and I had to do a live update to get them back.Sorry if I'm not giving enough info.I could tell you in detail how your body works but this hunk of plastic leaves me looking like a thicko!!! Thanks for trying to help .Alison

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online