s-Video connection... explanation please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theMusicMan

Hi All

I have a few friends coming around to my house soon and I want to show them a presentation I have prepared. I have a Dell Latitude which has an s-Video spcket on the left hand side together with a supplied connector. Should I be able to simply take the Dell s-video socket to this connector (which has s-video, Composite Video, and Digital Audio sockets), then from the Composite Video straight to the yello video socket on my TV...?

Is that the way s-video works...? Should I have to re-boot to see anything on the TV..?

Thanks...

yes. after you connect the cable right-click on the desktop and choose properties. click on settings and enable the second monitor. You may have to reboot, but windows will prompt you if a reboot is needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online