S-video out help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

waquoitdave

Since Netflix started offering streaming movies via their watch it now feature, I've had no problems watching movies on my HP laptop. However, I have been unable to display them on a TV screen via the s-video output. I have tried all variations available with the display settings control panel, but the best I can get is my desktop or just the wallpaper on the TV---no movie video. The make monitor 2 primary display option is dimmed.

I have searched windows help for topics on mirroring, etc., but have had no luck. Is it possible to display any video such as wmv or quicktime movies via the s-video output? Or, is this just a quirk of the Netflix player? By the way, Netflix only operates under IE and XP SP2.

MysticEyes

Banned
waquoitdave said:
Since Netflix started offering streaming movies via their watch it now feature, I've had no problems watching movies on my HP laptop. However, I have been unable to display them on a TV screen via the s-video output. I have tried all variations available with the display settings control panel, but the best I can get is my desktop or just the wallpaper on the TV---no movie video. The make monitor 2 primary display option is dimmed.

I have searched windows help for topics on mirroring, etc., but have had no luck. Is it possible to display any video such as wmv or quicktime movies via the s-video output? Or, is this just a quirk of the Netflix player? By the way, Netflix only operates under IE and XP SP2.
What vid card do you have?

waquoitdave

The vid card is built in to the HP laptop. It is ATI Technologies IGP 340M.

Driver is 6.13.10.6138

If both screens are active you could try to drag the media player to the tv.

waquoitdave

A belated thanks for the drag and drop suggestion. It worked this time, I don't know why it did not before.

Anyone have solutions to making this work when you do not want to leave a monitor hooked up? I have a Media center PC hooked up and have recently experienced this problem.

That said, the SVideo out on my NVidia card works fine, as does the VGA out. There is some conflict in Windows COPP and Media Player that will not allow output from Netflix to a SVid connection. I spoke with Netflix about this and they basically said "too bad, so sad". I read that some other folks got this to work using a VGA to SVid cable adapter, but that has not worked for me, resulting only in a snow-screen on the TV. Anyone know anything about forcing an NVidia card to send a TV/NTSC signal through the VGA port to make something like this work?

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online