s/w driver download site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

donashton

There's a site to download a wide variety of device drivers, but I can't remember it. Do you know?

I'm upgrading my HP Pavilion 6540c to Windows 2000. It isn't officially supported by HP but it can be done, I'm told, with udated drivers. Any help would be delightful.

Thanks.

I would suggest you go to www.hp.com
- click on:
> Support & Drivers
> HP Support for your product
> Home PCs

Enter your product number (HP Pavilion 6540c) in the input box and hit enter

- click on:
> Drivers and Downloads
> Windows 2000 professional link

Or follow this link if it works: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph05537&prodId=hppavilion18818&lc=en

Here you will find pretty much ALL the info you need about upgrading your PCs OS. The article is titled "HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows 2000"

Regarding hardware and drivers, I would suggest finding out exactly what all your hardware is, (motherboard, video card, soundcard,...etc. If you have following the above links, you should be browsing links associated with your exact model) then visit each manufacturer's site for the latest firmware and drivers. I would think after doing so, You should then be able to run Win2000 no problem. (But there is really only one way to know for sure... You canalways run the HP restore process if you run into too many problems)

Good Luck!

I would suggest you go to www.hp.com
- click on:
> Support & Drivers
> HP Support for your product
> Home PCs

Enter your product number (HP Pavilion 6540c) in the input box and hit enter

- click on:
> Drivers and Downloads
> Windows 2000 professional link

Or follow this link if it works: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph05537&prodId=hppavilion18818&lc=en

Here you will find pretty much ALL the info you need about upgrading your PCs OS. The article is titled "HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows 2000"

Regarding hardware and drivers, I would suggest finding out exactly what all your hardware is, (motherboard, video card, soundcard,...etc. If you have following the above links, you should be browsing links associated with your exact model) then visit each manufacturer's site for the latest firmware and drivers. I would think after doing so, You should then be able to run Win2000 no problem. (But there is really only one way to know for sure... You canalways run the HP restore process if you run into too many problems)

Good Luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts