1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

s3 savage freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superbug90, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superbug90

superbug90 Thread Starter

until now i havn't had good a sound or video card, so i went out to the computer fair and bought a creative 128 sound card, and a S3 savage4 16mb, but now whenever i play games (half life,guake 3,kingpin) it freezes in the middle of them and i have to restart, what could it be?

I have a celeron 400 @ 300, 128mb ram,creative 128 sound card,S3 AGP savage4 16mb video,ess modem,acer cd-r,

2. brianF

brianF

Are you overclocking the celeron, you say [email protected] 300, you mean 300 @ 400???

If so drop it back to default and try it. Overclocking the processor also overclocks the agp bus that the video card uses. Most cards don't like that agp bus overclocked very much

3. superbug90

superbug90 Thread Starter

no its a 400 celeron running @ 300 the board only recognises it as a 300, if anything it should be more reliable!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice