1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

S5 Not Sending Via Bluetooth or Wi-fi Direct

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Deke40, Feb 6, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

On my S5 I cannot send via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct to my Tab4 10.1 or my wife's
    S5 or Tab4. The connections are being made but keeping getting "file not sent".

Where to start looking?

2. Sponsor

3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

4. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

As I said in my post the connections are being made but files not being sent.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  6. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Did that about 3 years ago.

7. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Also tried it with Quick Connect and it will actually make the receiving device show
    a popup to accept or decline a transfer but then the sending device shows sending failed.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry, I have no more ideas.
    I own one android phone and two android tablets. I connect the android devices to a computer using the charging cable and move any files back and forth that way. About the only thing I move are pictures off the devices and onto the computer.

I tried a wifi app once and it was more trouble than it was worth so I removed it.

9. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Found SideSync from Samsung. Seems to work fairly good. Kind of like mirrowing with drag and drop.

10. Danwilliams1989

Danwilliams1989

Have you made sure your software on devices are both upto date. Have you tried it with any other devices? Only other think I can suggest from my mobile tech experience is a factory reset. If not it could be an issue with the file your sending

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!