1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sabbatical

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Whiteskin, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whiteskin

Whiteskin Thread Starter

I'm off for now. There have been a couple of things that have been bugging me severely here, and so I've decided I need to take a break before I can deal with the inanity again. A couple of things especially. This is a rant, and if this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it (mods).

1. Grammar and spelling. Is it really that hard to spell You? Or how about Are?

And what about grammar? I know we have some foreign posters here, however that doesn't explain the multitude of badly spelled posts, with even worse grammar. "I seen this program" Now, I'm not the best either. But believe me, I try!

2. GOOGLE!!!!!

Sorry, but Google will find the answers to many of these questions. I'd expand on the FAQ, except it seems no one reads it. I'd like to suggest a link post to be filled with tip and trick links.

So that's all for now folks. I'll be back later. TSG will be off my homepages for a while. Those of you who are helpful here, thanks, and keep up the good work. You know who you are. :mad:

2. utanja

utanja

i am sorry :( to see you leave but i totally understand your frustration....please excuse me for my spelling and grammar....english is not my prime language although i consider myself to be fairly proficient...i also use the spell check frequently....
    (y)

3. tsunam

tsunam

Sorry to hear that you are disappearing White. I hope that the time away will allow you to clear whatever it is you need to. Guess the rest of us will have to pick up the slack with your disappearance. *puts on the thinking google cap* :)

4. lynch

lynch

Take care of yourself, whiteskin. Hope you return soon.
    I know exactly what you're talking about. If I see a badly asked Q or one that's easily answered with a search of the Linux/UNIX forum, I tend to let someone else answer it.
    lynch

5. codejockey

codejockey

Thanks for all of your help, Whiteskin. Looking forward to your return.

6. tsunam

tsunam

oddly enough, I went to go work on the FAQ and I wasn't able to edit the first post. I need to talk to a admin here and see if something can be done about that. Have a few things I need/want to add to it.

7. Whiteskin

Whiteskin Thread Starter

Well I'm back. I couldn't stay away for long, though the rest was nice.

8. tsunam

tsunam

/me puts a party hat on White

Welcome back

9. utanja

utanja

welcome back..... :)

your expertise and wit were definitely missed...

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice