Safari can't open private server

Pearlite

I got this in September or Oct. 2009.
Forgot to answer you on rebooting - absolutely yes. This problem has been going on now for 5 days or so. The weird thing is, if I click on 'File' on the top left of the computer, and go to 'private window', it will open a new window and I can put in the same address that Safari would not open to one minute before, and now it will open. I just can't get it to open to the address unless I use the 'private window' first'. As far as wi-fi, I still can't find out how to 'reconfigure' it into the list of choices.

Pearlite

The About This Mac under the Apple icon should confirm as that still may be the Early model.

I am looking into the wireless missing thing right now. Dont forget to reboot!
Thank you for answering. I did check under the Apple icon, and you are right, it is an early model. Did you get my last answer? This thing is being weird in keeping up with my typing.

Pearlite

Although two of you have offered some steps I could take, my iMac is still refusing to go to a particular site that I used all the time. What's even more weird is that if I open a private window and get into the site, if I then try my regular Safari window that said it 'couldn't find the server' a minute earlier, it now can 'find' it very well. Plus, I still haven't found my wi-fi even after I contacted Apple. Is there someone who has an idea of what to do?

Pearlite

Although two of you have offered some steps I could take, my iMac is still refusing to go to a particular site that I used all the time. What's even more weird is that if I open a private window and get into the site, if I then try my regular Safari window that said it 'couldn't find the server' a minute earlier, it now can 'find' it very well. Plus, I still haven't found my wi-fi even after I contacted Apple. Is there someone who has an idea of what to do?
To those who have been interested enough to try to help, I just took my computer to the repair shop, and finally after 1 1/2 weeks, got it back. The guy got the Wi-Fi to say it was 'on', but still the icon was gray instead of black like it used to be. I phoned Telus - my internet connecter, and spoke to one of their tech guys. He informed me that I have a password for the Wi-Fi to unlock one of the connection sites that the Wi-Fi could connect to. I looked on my modem, and sure enough, the password was there. Upon entering it, my Wi-Fi is up and working. However, I still am having the same problem with Safari not wanting 'or knowing', how to connect to a particular site I go to almost every day, and I have no idea why. In any case, thank you all for your efforts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online