1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

safe mode and startup error and error messages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lindablueyes, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindablueyes

Lindablueyes Thread Starter

I am having problems with my computer starting in safe mode all the time. I have tried going into msdos and putting in boot 0 and changing read only stuff back again but to no avail.(ie) brindle 10-20-03.. help! I must have changed something some where eh? Also I keep getting these error mess. more and more. I have aim and just recently it started giving me mss about that and if I don't catch the pop up window that comes with aim, in time then my puter freezes on me and I have to shut down and go in again.. Also....... I am still getting the start up mess of a file is missing and to delete and uninstall etc etc then it has Mcaffee system ini etc etc ,...Well I went and deleted all Mcaffee stuff as recomemned by styxx and am still getting this at start up? HELP I am ready to throw this out the window... no pun intended! My husband thinks I have ruined his computer and is still giving me dirty looks..... I have windows 98se. 254 mgbytes memory, I think,and have dsl...Help

2. ChfTx

ChfTx

Have you tried going into set-up and resetting all controls to "default setting"?

You're computer is most likely going into default mode because there is something else wrong with it.

You most likely haven't ruined it........jus need to take this one step at a time

What were the first error messages you were getting?

What happened the first time your computer started in safe mode all by itself?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice